What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Deburring hard to reach areas

jamcgee1978

Having just started on my toolbox kit I wondered what the best tool is to deburr those hard to reach areas, so far in my toolbox i have 3 different scotchbrite wheels, hand pads, vixen file but nothing to tackle the smaller jobs such as this, is this the time for a Dremmel purchase!

Get a roll of cloth backed sand paper and tear it into strips about 1/4" wide and 6" long. I have a small round and flat file I use to break the edges before I sand. Have fun. When deburring the wing ribs you will think there is no end.

Thanks guys will make another purchase this week ! The training kit is serving its purpose in picking holes in my tool armour!

These "cartridge rolls" mounted in a dremel or air powered rotary pencil work really nicely. They are commonly used for mold polishing and 2-stroke porting work.

McMaster catalog page of "cartridge rolls"

Scroll down the page to where it shows the spiral wound tapered rolls and shank adapter. That is what I am trying to share.
Fine grit is best for our application.

Try 4688A631 cartridge and 4690A21 arbor

Last edited:
+1 to the dremmel tool

I used a dremmel tool too.

But I've cut small squares of 3M (maroon) scotchbrite and pushed the screw the the middle of the square and into the mandrel of the Dremmel.

You tend to blow through the squares fairly quickly...but it works well and its cheap!!!

Back