What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow harnesses

Rene, this is exactly the set I have, but I haven't installed it yet. There are a few things worth mentioning though. First, they look awesome :) I love the cam lock, though I do think it's a little bit too big (I was expecting something of smaller size).

The only "issues" you will run into are bolt size in the attachment bracket on the belt (it's large.. I think either 3/8" or 7/16" -- forgot now, but can check). So, you'll need to figure out a bushing as we use 1/4" bolts for seatbelts.

Another thing that needs to be considered is crotch strap bracket -- you just need to ensure that it fits in the mounting bracket during installation, so if you haven't installed the mounting bracket yet, you may wanna wait until you have the belts in hand.

PS. My seatbelt length is 55", not 40" as mentioned in the link you provided. This is a bit longer than 50" that was supposed to be standard on the set I was ordering.

That's about it.. but they are a good alternative to the more common Hooker harness (and Hooker ones are great too!).

Hooker

Hi Rene. We have Hookers and they added 3" to the attach end because if you have electric flaps in the 6 and 7 airplanes, the adjustment interferes with the flap motor housing and are a bear to adjust. Hooker added the extra length absolutely free........it's Hooker,
Regards,

bushing

Radomir said:
Rene, this is exactly the set I have, but I haven't installed it yet. There are a few things worth mentioning though. First, they look awesome :) I love the cam lock, though I do think it's a little bit too big (I was expecting something of smaller size).

The only "issues" you will run into are bolt size in the attachment bracket on the belt (it's large.. I think either 3/8" or 7/16" -- forgot now, but can check). So, you'll need to figure out a bushing as we use 1/4" bolts for seatbelts.

Another thing that needs to be considered is crotch strap bracket -- you just need to ensure that it fits in the mounting bracket during installation, so if you haven't installed the mounting bracket yet, you may wanna wait until you have the belts in hand.

PS. My seatbelt length is 55", not 40" as mentioned in the link you provided. This is a bit longer than 50" that was supposed to be standard on the set I was ordering.

That's about it.. but they are a good alternative to the more common Hooker harness (and Hooker ones are great too!).

I used a 1/4" lock washer as a bushing. Worked well for me and was inexpensive.

Thanks Mark! That's a great idea.. I was thinking about some kind of washer, just never bothered to look up which one would work best :)

I used my pneumatic squeezer to squeeze in two stacked standard AN washers as bushings - worked great!

Paul

I bought a pair of 2" Junior Dragster harnesses just last week; I called directly and ordered the end fitting hardware with 1/4" holes... they had some left over from the group buy awhile back. Order 'em quick before they run out!

Oh, and here's the best part; advertised price on the website is $122.88, but for some strange reason they only charged me 86 bucks each. Grand total was $180 for 2 Cam Lock 5 point harnesses. Not a bad deal.

Back