What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Close quarters rivet tool

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I need a rivet puller that will allow me to pull a rivet in a close space. I don't need to get close to a flange or such, just to get into a tight area. I have several pullers, but the problem is the handle needs a LOT of room to pull! An ideal would be one that perhaps is powered by an electric drill and don't need that wide space for the handle area. Anybody ever seen something like this?

Last edited:
check out--

the Hydro-pnenmatice puller that Mark Swinford builds. really small, but strong. I think Cleveland Tolls has them.
Tom

Swingline

If I read your post correctly you need room for the handles for the tool. If so you might try one of the Swingline pop rivet tools with the swivel head. The head swivels all the way around so you can rotate the handles to a more convenient location. I use this tool whenever I'm at an awkward or close position. Matter of fact it has replaced my old favorite pop rivet tool that I used on many of my airplanes and is now my new favorite as it's starting to get nicely 'broke in'.

http://marketplaceadvisor.channelad...om/hi/45/44900/swingline_37001_rivet_tool.jpg

Last edited:
Drill Powered Pop Rivet Puller

McMaster-Carr sells just such a device (kinda pricey though) - their P/N is
98716A100.

Now we are talkin! I emailed them for dimensions, would have to put it in a 90 degree close quarters drill. Just might work! Would be wonderful if they made one already set for 90 degrees to the rivet.

98716A100.

Might be a solution. I had never heard of them, and am having trouble finding out just how they work.

They won't give me a measurement or better view of it! Do you know anyone that has one, or who actually makes it?

98716A100.

Back