What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My ride in a B25!

Yes, Mark F is a great guy. He arranged for me to ride in "Devil Dog" from Urbana to the Air Force museum at Wright Pat. Very cool! Very LOUD!

B 25 ride

I happened to be at the airport when this flight took off. The group was 2 B-25's, 6 T-6 Texans, and a 7 plane formation of RV's. Very cool to see them do their run ups, and take off one after another.

Different days' flight

I happened to be at the airport when this flight took off. The group was 2 B-25's, 6 T-6 Texans, and a 7 plane formation of RV's. Very cool to see them do their run ups, and take off one after another.
Hey Pete:
That departure was the Friday flight over the Hutto school system in honor of Veterans' Day. Our PAX mission on Saturday was mostly single ship, with a couple of pesky bogies comin' in for a look...but as you can see, Tom & Wayne got 'em to go elsewhere.:D
I gotta tell ya, givin' folks rides in that plane is a real blast. That part of the ops sched makes all the maint & rubbing oil chores well worth it. Hearing stories from those who used that type of plane in it's intended role is another aspect - you oughta hear what those guys tell us - for me it borders on emotional overload...I gotta get someone to help me write it all down at some point.
BTW we have 9 new B25 pilots as of that days' rides.
Carry on!
Mark

Last edited:
Rocket,

I got to get me one of those OD Green Devil Dog shirts, Oh and
a ride in that 25.

See ya,
Boomer

I'm jealous!

I once walked through the B-17 at Fantasy of Flight. I was surprised about the smallness of the interior of these 'big' warbirds.

Back