-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:54 AM

Fantastic Pete! FANTASTIC!! I'm with Darwin on how I read the story...there's too many useless people in this world...probably wouldn't take five minutes.

I've been a member of PnP for most of '09 just watching the stories, and waiting for the day that my 7 is done so I can jump in and run as many pups as I'm able to do.

For all that are involved in animal transport, KEEP THE POSTS COMING!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:45 AM

I'll tell you what Pete, the photo labeled "the only way to fly" (3rd from last in your original post) is the best! What a face! That one should be entered in to a photo contest somewhere.
VAF Paid 1/21/2021

"In '69 I was 21, and I called the road my own"
Jackson Browne

Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 AM

Default Sully Update

From the foster family:

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that Sully did absolutely wonderful his first night. I've already fallen in love with him. He and I snuggled all night together and he even whined aroud 2:00am when he had to go potty outside. He tends to go out, go pee and then want to come right back in. We'll have to work on that since he has had a couple of #2 accidents inside. But...can you blame the poor guy? He's been through **** and doesn't have an ounce of fat on his body to keep him warm! He is eating wonderfully. Audrey did get him changed over to kibble before he arrived, but I am still mixing in some cut up boiled chicken breasts I had ready for him. He chows down! I am feeding him about every 3 hours during the day for now. He's taking his meds from the vet right with his food and doesn't even know the difference. He woke up this morning, yawned a big ol' boxer yawn and then "talked" and "talked!" It was the cutest thing
ever! He just blabbed and blabbed and you could tell he was smiling inside! Not failing this foster (and keeping him) is going to be the hardest thing ever to do.....we'll see how it goes, but I'm already finding myself falling in love with him! :-) They are all getting along GREAT and I'm sure Frisbee and Sully will be best buds in no time! Anyways, we have a vet appointment this afternoon at 4 and I have my fingers crossed that everything goes well! Thank you everyone for all the support...I am trying to keep up my best at getting back to everyone! I have donations coming in from multiple people via website or giving me checks made out to MNBR and I cannot thank them enough! Hopefully they keep rolling in! Everyone have a great day and I'll be sure to give Sully and big ol' hug and kiss from all of you! He's a VERY tall boy and will be HUGE once he's filled out!

Amateur Plane - RV-9A N789PH - 2350+ Hrs
Amateur Radio - KD0CVN
Doggies Delivered - 25+
St. Paul, MN
Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Talking Boxers are a Great Breed

I grew up with Boxers, they are a wonderful breed. Very calm, very loving and they don't really bark much at all. It broke my heart to see one so emaciated, glad he is in good hands now.

Hans
Old 12-30-2009, 02:49 PM

I must admit, that Darwin was not alone in his tears as he read "Sully's" story. Even though I knew that there would be a happy ending once Sully was in Pete's RV, I could not temper my anger and sadness with the ordeal that this poor soul endured.
I join those who are of the opinion that crimes such as this should carry a huge price including a lengthy jail sentence and hefty fine. However, I do support amnesty to those who surrender their animal to a qualified organization. Without amnesty, many of abused animals would never be given a chance to find a home and would likely be dumped or as we saw with Sully, left to die an agonizing death. Having said that, I fully support prosecution to the fullest extent of the law (which are not harsh enough...i.e that piece of human garbage that plays backup for the Eagles) for anyone who is caught by the authorities abusing or neglecting animals.
My wife and I are supporters of the CA West Highland Terrier Rescue, and once I have my plane(s) back to flying, I am hoping to be able to do some transport. There are many ways that one can make a difference for homeless and abused animals, and we encourage everyone to do what they can whether it be financially, volunteering to foster, transport, etc.
RV-6 N506MM VAF #1410
2017 Donation Made
Old 12-30-2009, 05:09 PM

Great job Pete. I too would like to "explain" to this guy how to treat a trusting animal, but looks like I would have to stand in line. I volunteer for Atlanta Boxer Rescue, (www.atlantaboxerrescue.org). I hope you don't mind ,but I have been forwarding links of your rescues on to ABR. My brother and my RV-9A is in the paint shop now and when we get it flying I have already told ABR I'm available for any aerial transport they need.

David Estapa
Woodstock, GA
RV-9A N97KE (flying soon)
Kitfox 5 N97DE (grounded-engine out into a bean field)
Old 12-30-2009, 05:38 PM

Default Vet Update.....

From the foster family

Hello everyone! One more update for the day! Great news for Sully! He had his appointment at the vet clinic this afternoon and everything went great! They are treating him a little longer for the coccidia and for the giardia, but all in all....great news! His lungs sound great, heart sounds great and our instructions were to finish out his meds and give him tons of TLC....now that won't be a problem! The vet clinic absolutely thought he was beautiful and VERY sweet! They also said that he was the worst case they had ever seen, but were very glad that he was able to be saved......

Amateur Plane - RV-9A N789PH - 2350+ Hrs
Amateur Radio - KD0CVN
Doggies Delivered - 25+
St. Paul, MN
Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petehowell View Post
From the foster family

Hello everyone! One more update for the day! Great news for Sully! He had his appointment at the vet clinic this afternoon and everything went great! They are treating him a little longer for the coccidia and for the giardia, but all in all....great news! His lungs sound great, heart sounds great and our instructions were to finish out his meds and give him tons of TLC....now that won't be a problem! The vet clinic absolutely thought he was beautiful and VERY sweet! They also said that he was the worst case they had ever seen, but were very glad that he was able to be saved......
Great news, Pete! Please do keep us posted. When the day comes that Sully finds a good home, we need to assure that he arrives wearing a VAF bandanna!
RV-6 N506MM VAF #1410
2017 Donation Made
Old 12-30-2009, 07:14 PM

Default Say What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by davestapa View Post
.....My brother and my RV-9A is in the paint shop now and when we get it flying

David Estapa
Woodstock, GA
RV-9A N97KE (flying soon)
Kitfox 5 N97DE (grounded-engine out into a bean field)
David...I just have to ask! What is the color scheme for painting your brother?!
Even though we are both in our 50's, I have a little brother that I still owe some payback for our younger years!
RV-6 N506MM VAF #1410
2017 Donation Made
Old 12-30-2009, 07:59 PM

Way to go Pete.
Dale