What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cracked Canopy

hempy.4

I was painting canopy skirts on my RV7 and, well, long story short, I cracked my canopy. Its a slider and the crack is above my head on the slider portion. I live within a couple hour drive of Jeff and Becky Rogers so I can pick up a new canopy myself. Becky tells me Light Smoke is standard. Medium smoke is an option. The question for this group is how would the medium smoke look with the light smoke windscreen? What do you think??

Not good, I have the medium smoke and its a lot darker than the first canopy on my wrecked RV6 looked.

Whoa, News to me!? Different shades are available for the 7 canopy? Details please as I?m about to order my finish kit. Is the medium smoke to dark to see at night and is this a Vans item?
Really sorry about the crack and I do not mean to hi-jack your thread!!

It's going to look like you broke your canopy and had it replaced. You'll see it every time you walk up to your plane and you'll wish you didn't do it.

I'd stay with the same tint all around.

Sorry to hear about your canopy....if you need some help or pointers just yell.

It's also faster to get the standard tint - the medium is custom and they usually wait for a few orders to do a run of them.

I was painting canopy skirts on my RV7 and, well, long story short, I cracked my canopy. Its a slider and the crack is above my head on the slider portion. I live within a couple hour drive of Jeff and Becky Rogers so I can pick up a new canopy myself. Becky tells me Light Smoke is standard. Medium smoke is an option. The question for this group is how would the medium smoke look with the light smoke windscreen? What do you think??

Hey…
I sympathise with you, I cracked my seven canopy whilst installing the second to last screw. I felt physically sick When I heard , then spotted the crack. :eek:
At least you can collect yours, I had a to pay $1,550 to buy a replacement and have it shipped to England.:(

I have since seen a couple of smoked canopys... wish i had gone for one.

Back