What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior Cold Air Sump - Drawing/bracket bolt pattern

John Courte

Well Known Member
Hi,

I'm looking for a drawing or measurements for the bottom of the Superior Cold Air horizontal induction sump, in particular, the bolt pattern of the bracket mount bosses so I can fabricate cable attach brackets for my AFP throttle and mixture cables.

I'm not the most well-versed in mechanical engineering or fabrication, and the difficulty I'm having is getting the bolt pattern onto a template with an acceptable degree of accuracy.

I'm looking to build something similar to Brian Carroll's setup, pictured in this thread:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=66232&highlight=afp+superior+bracket

Unlike Brian, I'm still squaring off in a cage match with the Van's snorkel.

Thanks,
-John

John,

I've got a brand new one sitting in a box waiting on my kit engine, if you'll PM me your snail-mail address I'll take a piece of paper tonight and do a press-trace of the bolt pattern and mail it to you.

Greg

API w/Superior Cold Induction Sump and Snorkle

We made it work on RV-8 with some modification to the lower cowl. Snorkle had to be cut in half in the middle, fit up to the throttle body and then reglassed back together.

Good luck!

img1015r.jpg

img1106a.jpg

Dave Casey
RV-8 QB
LyCon IO360-M1S
MT 3-blade

RV-3B for sale

Dave, which throttle body is that? You have a square flange on both ends, I've got the AFP FM200 with the round inlet.

I wasn't able to clock my throttle body in that direction because the arms interfered with the starter. My mix and throttle arms are on the bottom.

Throttle body on Casey RV-8 is AP FM 150. Engine is LyCon I0-360 M1S. Lower cowl had to be enlarged with "ball sack" mod to clear throttle body.

img1016w.jpg

Dave Casey
RV-8
RV-3 for sale

Back