What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT Dealer/Assembler Help

Bluelabel

Well Known Member
Looking for some feedback on MT Dealers. I've been trying to get some info and quotes and it seems hard to get anyone to follow through. I've spoken with American Propeller, they are far from the plane (Plane is in Missourri) so shipping will be high and they have been difficult to get info from. Tried another place from Vans list of assemblers who is in OK, he was supposed to get me a quote on Prop and Assembly but he has gone AWOL.... Anyone else recommend a good MT dealer? Some experiences? Or even an Assembler?
Thanks.....

Prop shop

This is not much of a data point for you, But I used Byam propeller service in Fort Worth, Texas (KFTW - Meacham airport) to assemble my MT prop. They were good to deal with, this was almost four years ago. I had no shipping issues as my hanger at the time was about 200 yards from them.

Call Peter Marshall at MT Propeller USA. 386-736-7762

+1 for MT Propeller USA in Deland Florida. I used them for the MT prop on my Decathlon. Reasonable service, good prices (especially compared to Canada), good shipping - use their account for best prices. And best of all they actually seemed to know what they were doing.

+1 for MT Propeller USA in Deland Florida. I used them for the MT prop on my Decathlon. Reasonable service, good prices (especially compared to Canada), good shipping - use their account for best prices. And best of all they actually seemed to know what they were doing.

I agree.
My MT coupled with Subby H6 suffered blade damage from rock and the unit had to be overhauled. To save shipping costs to Deland, the guys told me how to disassemble the unit so it fit in a much smaller box than fully assembled.
The prop came back looking like new.

Sounds like a Plan!!

Thanks, I will call on Monday

Back