What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Kit

mrt890

Well Known Member
Avionics Kit Arrived

FEDEX just dropped off the box from Aurora for the Avionics kit.

Last edited:
Thats not fair ! ! ! ! !

You must have paid for it in full when you got the release huh ?

John Bender

Mailed the check for balance on Tuesday.

The box contained 2 antennas, intercom, ELT, and D180

The Garmin stuff and harnesses are coming in a seperate shipment(Steinair?)

Fuse/Switch module is a third shipment.

mine must be on the way...I got an email from Van's apologizing for leaving the bag list out....they sent it as an attachement.

Got my avionics kit today from Vans. StienAir called and said they would be shipping their portion this week.

Sure wish the firewall forward kit was ready to go. I got the feeling that will be awhile.

Brad Stiefvater
Salem SD

I received a call from Stein yesterday. He said the fuse/switch module is coming from him along with the Garmin equip. and harnesses.

Talked to the Vans guys at Arlington. They indicated that they will be taking FWF orders by the end of the month. Said they have an additional 25 engines on the way.

Stein harnesses

I received a call from Stein yesterday. He said the fuse/switch module is coming from him along with the Garmin equip. and harnesses.

Talked to the Vans guys at Arlington. They indicated that they will be taking FWF orders by the end of the month. Said they have an additional 25 engines on the way.

I forgot to ask Stein about the harnesses...mine are coming Tues. Did he mention that his order includes the harness for the Dynon?

FYI. New builders should wait until installing the avionics kit to paint or finish the panel. Since I had already had the 3 panel sections powder coated I did not want to rivet the Dynon mounting tray to the left section. The edge of the Dynon does no cover the rivets and it would have looked terrible. I centered the mounting bracket carefully and match drill it per the planes, but used #2 x 1/4" SS screws to mount it. I painted the screws flat black and it looks pretty good.

Indeed the package coming from us does include the harnesses (Dynon, Radio, GPS, Transponder, Intercom) along with the avionics themselves as well as the fuse package.

Have a good week and we'll see ya'll at OSH next week! Stop by and pick up a free shirt!

Cheers,
Stein

Back