What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring tips

jamescone

Well Known Member
Here are a couple of wiring tips that will make the job easier.

It is easier to cut and install the ring terminal and the but connector on the cooling fans while they are on the bench. Then all you have to do is insert one wire in the but connector and squeeze to hook up the fan. If you wait to do it as the instructions say, you will have both hands behind the instrument panel trying to do it. Not so easy that way.

When routing the tunnel wire bundle it is a lot easier if you tape each break out (where a wire or wires end short of the rest of the wires). It will keep the bundle neat and let it go through the fairleads easily. If you don't, you will end up with a mess of spagetti trying to get all of the wires routed. Another benefit is, you will know that each taped section is where a wire ends.

I had to drop my rudder pedals down a bit to get the BNC connectors between the rudder pedals and the intrument floor. A quarter inch was enough to get them by.

Agree Jim

I taped the main harness group with masking tape so it would come off fairly easily. Worked fairly well. I put in more wire sets today. Getting messy in the front tunnel area. After tie-wrapped together, I suppose they will look better. The AP wiring adds a bunch to the entire bundle for sure. Sure glad they are color coded.

John Bender

Back