What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gsa 28 servo deactivate?

toolmanmike

Well Known Member
Patron
Installing a full Garmin autopilot in my 7 but am concerned about the “esp” I think I have that right? The servos have built in “leveling” capability. Can I turn this off? I want the ability to do acro and yet still want the trim and autopilot to work when I want it.
Do I need to add a switch to disable or turn off the whole autopilot ( deenergize) the servos to go upside down?

Answer

Sorry Guys and Gals. I answered my own question. Just haven’t read quite far enough in the garmin literature.
Answer: u can add a separate switch to deactivate the ESP mode for acro or you apperantly can turn it off via the menu on the g3x.

Safe flying (and building)

On a G3X touch, One can touch the AFCS display area on the PFD to open the setting control and turn off the ESP function.

Just so you know, it's not just the G3x. At this point it's also standard on the G-1000 as well.

As of last year, everything with a propellor that's coming out of Kansas has that system.

Back