What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10” G3X Fuel Quantity Labels

RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if the fuel gage labels can be changed? I’ve seen L & R and Main & Aux. The G3X is going in an Experimental Extra 300. It has an Acro tank and a combined Wings tank. The left and right wings are actually plumbed together. I would prefer for the fuel gage labels to read Acro and Wings.

Thanks!

Fuel Quantity Labels

Does anyone know if the fuel gage labels can be changed? I’ve seen L & R and Main & Aux. The G3X is going in an Experimental Extra 300. It has an Acro tank and a combined Wings tank. The left and right wings are actually plumbed together. I would prefer for the fuel gage labels to read Acro and Wings.

Thanks!

It will be best to use Main fuel for your wing tank(s) and AUX for the acro tank. We do not have the ability to customize the labels on the fuel quantity indicators at this time.

Thanks,

Justin

It will be best to use Main fuel for your wing tank(s) and AUX for the acro tank. We do not have the ability to customize the labels on the fuel quantity indicators at this time.

Thanks,

Justin

Hello Justin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Before I posted here, I called and spoke with Dan. He said the same thing you did.

I also emailed and I got a quick reply from Mike. He initially said the same thing, but then he sent another email and said this:

“Yes, you can name a tank on GP 3 & 4. Go into the engine & airframe configuration page and select GP 3 (for example) and change type to CUSTOM ANALOG 3. On the lower left hand corner you can name the Gauge. This applies to GP 4 also.”

So we’re going to give this a try. FYI, the Extra pilots consider the Acro tank as the Main and the Wings as the Aux, even though it holds substantially less fuel than the wings. We takeoff and land on the Acro tank per the POH.

Thank you very much for your help!

Jerry

Back