What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Avionics is the best!

txshan130

Well Known Member
GRT Avionics rocks! Just wanted to put in a plug for their awesome customer service. What a great company. Just sent my MINI in for service after having a small glitch last flight. Mark replaced my AHRS and LCD all under warranty and had it on it's way back to me the same day. That is after the USPS lost it for nearly 4 weeks! Thanks GRT... I'm a customer for life☺️

Oh and by the way, they actually answer their phones and return calls... Don't see that very often anymore.

I have always been very impressed with their product and reliability of their EIFS/EIS. The features that some other company are offering now, they offered it years ago.

Top notch!

A few weeks ago, they repaired my Sport EFIS same day they received it and shipped it back overnight express. They had it back in my hands 42 hrs after I took it to the post office.
The needed display repair was the first glitch with my dual Sport setup in 5 yrs of flying.
Sooooooo happy with them and their awesome products. :D:D

I just updated my Sport EFIS yesterday including the free terrain maps ,downloads worked flawless, These guys have been fabulous throughout the whole process for this first time builder !

I always have issues with the website loading...

Have you cleared your cache lately? if I?m rembering correctly, something like function F5 clears old info. I had trouble and that fixed me. Had nothing to do with the GRT site and all to do with my computer.

+1 to GRT. I originally had their Sport HS EFIS. After an unfortunate electrical incident, GRT quickly fixed and converted them into Sport SX EFIS's. There isn't another EFIS brand which I could of originally purchased in 2008 which could still be up to date nearly 10 years later with out any panel or wiring changes. Great customer service, amazing products and an AWESOME 2020 GPS! My certified and experimental friends always drool over my panel and how little I paid for it.

MY VACUUM attitude gyro is dying and I am considering a Garmin G5 or the GRT Mimi X. Any thoughts on which one is best?

Well I don't have any experience with the Garmin, but I think the GRT Mini has a few more features. I absolutely love mine. Incredible value for what it does, which is essentially everything that my HX does! I have the MINI-AP with ARINC429 which is tied in to my G430 and my AP so it is a complete self-contained backup to my main EFIS. You probably can't go wrong with either... Might depend on what other avionics you have installed.

One other consideration is that GRT supplies free navigation updates for their moving maps...I'm pretty sure Garmin won't do anything for free ��

Last edited:
Back