What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FI tuning

BruceMe

Well Known Member
I converted my O-320-C2B to FI using a Bendix RSA-5 Servo and mechanical injectors. I suspect the RSA-5 came off an IO-360 as it's slobbery rich at full and requires most of the travel to lean and goes quickly from "lean" to off.

I'm doing an overhaul and I'd like to clean it as well. While I'm doing that, does anyone know the procedure for tuning an RSA-5?

Thanks,

-Bruce

I converted my O-320-C2B to FI using a Bendix RSA-5 Servo and mechanical injectors. I suspect the RSA-5 came off an IO-360 as it's slobbery rich at full and requires most of the travel to lean and goes quickly from "lean" to off.

I'm doing an overhaul and I'd like to clean it as well. While I'm doing that, does anyone know the procedure for tuning an RSA-5?

Thanks,

-Bruce

Give Don Rivera at Airflow Performance a call. The procedure may be on their web site. I believe the procedure is the same for both RSA and AFP. Don can also supply you the injector restrictors at a good price.

Also, know that there is an idle mixture adjustment on the throttle side of the servo ... Generally adjusted to achieve a 40 RPM rise at idle-lean setting. That made a huge difference on mine for ground/taxi ops. And yes, Don Rivera at Airflow Performance is The Man when you get to GAMI checks and nozzle tuning. :)

Back