What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SteinAir

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
I can't praise SteinAir enough. There hasn't been a single time I've called or emailed, no matter how trivial or amature the question is, that I didn't get prompt, friendly, and professional answer. They don't act like you are wasting their time and it's clear they love their customers, it shows. Thanks, SteinAir!

Agreed. The best there is. They're superbly knowledgable, seemingly always available, and ever-cheerful. My decision to buy all my Garmin gear from Stein was likely the best decision I made thru-out the entire build. :D

I like his youtube videos too. I discovered solder sleeves. Greatest thing since sliced bread.

I had the same great experience dealing with them and still get excellent help, whether by phone or e-mail. I am so glad I had them (professionals) do my panel and the wiring. Great wiring diagrams that I can follow. Maybe the best decision I made during the whole build process.
Johan

I can't agree more! They are wonderful to deal with. I called them up to get all the parts to make up a G5 harness and he walked me through it in a jiffy. Great people!

And he'll do anything to liberate you from a few bucks.

i-DzFgBn6-L.jpg

I'll Second That

I just completed a complete G3X system, GTN-750, Autopilot, G5, remote com, audio panel, transponder, fully ADSB configured in one of his custom built panels for my recently acquired RV-9A project.

Thank you, Stein for handling all those little details about wiring configurations and a few last-minute modifications from my installation consultant (Todd Whitely). Quite a shock to the bank account but quality costs. Everything is working perfectly, on the ground for now.

Still a few more airframe parts to install before final inspection.

Bought a bunch of wiring stuff from him previously, but I just talked to Stein for the first time today. Quite pleased. GTX327 and some other stuff headed my way as well. Gave me some real world advice, and I like that.

Last edited:
Stein.....I hate him, but then I kinda like him too. It's an odd thing when a guy brags about being happy by leaving you broke. You want to dislike that...but that panel just looks so **** good. It doesn't help that Stein is such a nice guy and he has that Chris guru who can walk you through a Garmin configuration like it's nothing.

Yeah, Stein is a gem of a man....the jerk.

Last edited:
Bought a bunch of wiring stuff from him previously, but I just talked to Stein for the first time today. Quite pleased. GTX327 and some other stuff headed my way as well. Gave me some real world advice, and I like that.

Stein and Christer are great. I bought all my avionics and most of my wiring supplies from them.

I have known Stein for awhile now. Yes, Stein is a great guy who likes to take your money. Any of the companies will take your money, but SteinAir has an open phone line for any of your avionic questions. That’s a HUGE plus! But I have to give a shout-out to his right hand man..Christer. I gave Chris his first RV8 ride when he came out to help set up a G900X I was putting in an RV10. SUPER knowledgeable individual! When Stein retires, Chris should take over...no offense Jed.

Zack

I get a kick out of their small item packaging, I don't know why. Maybe it's the elegance as opposed to the bags-a-plenty method others use:

lLtAd5ol.jpg

Stein.....I hate him, but then I kinda like him too. It's an odd thing when a guy brags about being happy by leaving you broke. You want to dislike that...but that panel just looks so **** good. It doesn't help that Stein is such a nice guy and he has that Chris guru who can walk you through a Garmin configuration like it's nothing.

Yeah, Stein is a gem of a man....the jerk.

Yea .. I too saw the team shirts at OSH this year that said "We're not happy till you're broke" .. too bad; Garmin beat you to it, Stein ;-)

Back