What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avery Yoke Suggestions?

txaviator

Well Known Member
So, as I embark on the 7 empennage, I obviously need many specialty tools. Since Avery is only about 20-minutes from my home/aircraft factory, this is a very nice thing!

I am confused on the hand-squeezers / yokes. Since there are so many yokes available for the #9400, which one is the most vital to buy? Or, will I need more than one yoke? Can you get by with one particular yoke length, even though it may be overkill for most areas?

Any suggestions are appreciated. As you all know, these yokes are expensive! :eek:

Thanks,
Gary Robertson

Hi Gary.

I used the 3" yoke for pretty much everything. I seem to remember borrowing a different yoke for a couple of occasions, but the one 3" was all I needed for my RV-6

B,

Like Doug said, you can use the 3" yoke for most of the sqeezing. Two other yokes I use occationally are the longeron (pretty nice to have, quite frankly) and a 4" no-hole, thin-nose yoke. I've used the 4" no-hole, thin-nose sqeezer only a few times, but it certainly helped. I'd get the 3" yoke and when you need something else, try to borrow it. If you end up needing it a lot then buy it.

Good to see another builder in the area!

Yokes

The longeron yoke was worth every penny I paid for it. The no-hole yoke has been used alot too.

sslayden said:
Like Doug said, you can use the 3" yoke for most of the sqeezing. Two other yokes I use occationally are the longeron (pretty nice to have, quite frankly) and a 4" no-hole, thin-nose yoke. I've used the 4" no-hole, thin-nose sqeezer only a few times, but it certainly helped. I'd get the 3" yoke and when you need something else, try to borrow it. If you end up needing it a lot then buy it.

Good to see another builder in the area!

Ditto on these comments! You can also use the yokes for bucking bars in a pinch.

Back