What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

804N Channel Cap on the RV-8

Well I've reached one of those times in the building process where you're ready to start shooting! Not the airplane of course, maybe just a few holes in the shop ceiling. I know there will be more of these times down the road so I thought I would come in and ask you experienced guys.
I am going to use the "Lyle Hefel" side panel for the left side of the cockpit only. As I see it, you have to mock up the channel cap (804N) that covers the 804C bulkheads so that you can properly fit the "Hefel" panel. What is frustrating is that 804N is a constant width and the 804C bulkheads that it covers taper down, or narrow, in width from the spar to the canopy rail. Do I need to shim between 804N and 804C or should I draw the 804C bulkheads out to the 804N cap or should I start shooting? If anyone has some insight or pics, I should would appreciate it!!!

Thanks Guys!
Paul Harder

What is the "Lyle Hefel" my experience with the channel (last week) included the fact that clecos pulled the c into the n. YMMV... very curious though.

Mike

Back