-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:22 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I have Skyview and an SL30 now, and am slightly leaning towards adding just the 400W. The 400W will mean a lot less wiring and should fit the budget better.

The extra COM would be nice, but there are a lot of options incl. Dynon's own integarted COM radio.

The backup NAV would be nice, but then again i may only use VORs less than 2% of the time. The SL30 would be sufficient.

I had thought up the VOR to GPS scenario, but again, only using VORs less than 2% of the time and the rest GPS makes that point obsolete.

I am getting closer. I was considering everything from an old GX-50 to 480 to 400W's on up. It gets frustrating and confusing trying to sort through these options while still on a budget.

Thanks again!
Jae
#40533 RV-10 Builder and CFI
1/2006 Started build
10/19/2011 First flight
Old 03-08-2014, 06:14 PM

If you have the DYNON Skyview you can display both the 430W GPS output and the VOR output on the "HSI" at the same time. It is just a matter of how you have it wired up.