What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wings are ordered!

Don Patrick

Well Known Member
Got my order in today before the price increase February 1st at 1:00pm. Spoke with the good folks at Van's and they seemed to be "Very" busy with the flurry of orders coming in.

Forecasting 9-10 weeks now for the wings due to the increase of orders.

My steel stands are fabricated, welded, painted yellow and bolted to the floor. Just have to hang the brackets. My laser level made quick work of getting a "perfect" level on the stands for the main spar. Even double checked it with a "water level". Not much to do until I get the wings!

Getting the Deluxe fuel caps with it and another Duckworks light. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Congrats Don! Van's called today to say my wing kit was going out the door today :) Still need to finish my rudder and elevators then get to welding stands.

Congrats to you!!! I'll be watching closely. I'm holding off on the close up of the empennage. I'm waiting for my wings to get to the stage for inspection so that I can do both at the same time. MDRA charges $350 per pre-close inspection. Hard to swallow, so when the wings are good to go, so will the emp.

Do you have a build site up?

Cheers,

Don

wings

Glad to hear, got my rv8 wings ordered two days ago, told me should be about 8 weeks before shipping, Yay!! Cant wait

Congrats Bird!

Hey Scherm....better get your butt in gear and get your fuse all dimpled up before I come and steal it back! I got a couple of extra instruments coming from the good Colonel in Trenton. I'm keeping the G meter and I'll let you know what I have for surplus.

I also have a few sheets of aluminum coming as well. They're only 4 foot by 12 foot sheets that he was going to use. I'm sure we can use it for something!

If you need some, let me know!

DP

Wings are here.

Went down to Lewiston on Thursday and picked up my wing kit. Was able to do the inventory last night and I'm only missing 12 nutplates. Not bad, considering the number of parts in the kits.

I have to better organize the garage and start putting stuff away.

Back