What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'm back!!!!! Just not in Black....Magic

BlackRV7

Well Known Member
Sup gang? After battling health insurance companies since last July...I was determined they were not going to win...I can see a possibility now of me getting a medical again.

I kept all my tools and even considered building a one off design using the KR as a base but after flying Black Magic, I just gotta have another RV.

I'm either going to build another 7 or 8 and build it lighter with a few less wizz bangs or a 10. I plan on buying kits off the classified ads here at VAF, so if you have something for me to consider drop me a PM.

Great to be back after the one year absence, it was certainly a year I do not want to repeat. Chad, you camping at Oshkosh??;)

Let the building begin......I want another grin:D

WELCOME BACK DANA!!

Glad to see you back. I followed all the drama over the last year including the incident which required you to ground your plane. Then I was excited to see it get fixed and flying again only to be saddened that you had to sell it. I am glad to see you are coming back to the "fold." Let the riveting commence:D...hope to meet you in person some day.

Dana,

Good to hear you are back! Start pounding those rivets!

Thanks again for the help with the -9. It is getting close to moving to the airport for its 2nd first flight.

Welcome Back!!!

You can't imagine how glad Twany and I were when we saw your "I'm back" post. Just let me know when you need the carbon fiber instrument panel :D

Larry and I will be in Home Built Camping with our RV's. You are welcome to pitch your tent with us. We will be arriving Sunday and leaving Saturday morning.

Rosie and all, thanks...I've been over cruising the classified;) It feels good to be back, matter of fact, I visited i39 for only the second time in the last year this past weekend. I have missed it. Steve, you need a right seater??????? I'll pack light....I know how you pack.

Dana,

Good to hear you are back! Start pounding those rivets!

Thanks again for the help with the -9. It is getting close to moving to the airport for its 2nd first flight.

Bill, trust me...your second first flight will be exhilarating. Been there, done that;)

Welcome back Dana!

I happen to know that Black Magic is now residing here in Texas with it's new owner. An old friend here "in the business" asked me to keep an eye out for RV's for him last winter, and I pointed him to an add without knowing which airplane it was. When he pursued it, and sent me pictures for evaluation, I pointed him here to VAF to look for all your posts, and he snapped it up! Last I talked with him, he hadn't had a chance to fly it yet - he's the kind to get some formal training, and do things "By the Book". I think he'll take real good care of it.

The plane is eventually going to be living at a private airpark out in the Hill Country.

Paul

Last edited:
Welcome Back

I didn?t know any details about why you had to sell Black Magic but I was crushed, knowing the history, when I read you needed to sell. It is really great to see you?re ?I?m back? post.

All the best.

Rosie and all, thanks...I've been over cruising the classified;) It feels good to be back, matter of fact, I visited i39 for only the second time in the last year this past weekend. I have missed it. Steve, you need a right seater??????? I'll pack light....I know how you pack.

You'r on, right seat is yours. I have a new 4.5 lb. tent so the 7A shouldn't become a tail dragger:eek:

Welcome back

Dana,
Glad to have ya back and everything is working out.
Have fun building that 8;) - sorry I couldn't resist choosing for ya!

RE:Fantastic

Hi Dana

I was thinking about you and Black Magic the other day and wondered.......well......now I now both you and the plane are back at it.

It is just wonderful to here that you are back and looking to do that next project. I can't wait to follow the progress and that 3rd first flight!!!!!:D

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Flying and Tracken "RTG"

I'm Back!

Sup gang?

Great to be back after the one year absence, it was certainly a year I do not want to repeat.
Let the building begin......I want another grin:D

FANTASTIC!!!!!! Welcome back Dana. The news sure brought an "RV Grin" to my face.

Welcome back Dana!
I was wondering what had happened to you & Black Magic.
Not sure why you were MIA, but glad to hear you're back.

Welcome back!

Dana,

Great to have you back. You've been in my thoughts and I'm glad to hear you'll be building and flying again.

'Sup right back atcha Dana!

For OSH, we'll be in Sleepy Hollow, and the plane will be with the AVC group. Hope to meet up with you in one place or the other!

Still thinking of building a Super-X this time around? ;)

Great to see you back! :D

Cheers,
Bob

PS: Is that an AC/DC reference I see in the OP title?

Last edited:
RV Fly-in - Richmond?

When is the next RV flyin at Richmond - I39? Good to hear from you again. Last rumor I heard was that you were hanging out with the KR guys.

You'll have to help prepare quite a few tax forms to pay off a 10.

Welcome back to the fold.

Good to see you back

Dana,

I'm glad you made it, it shows there is hope.

Enjoy this day and I agree with everyone this is the best news so far this day!

You still owe me a beer :)

Welcome back, Dana. It's good to read of your return after too long an absence. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be interesting. I can't help but wonder if you ever did anything with the scale RC RV-7A....any pics perhaps?

'Sup right back atcha Dana!

For OSH, we'll be in Sleepy Hollow, and the plane will be with the AVC group. Hope to meet up with you in one place or the other!

Still thinking of building a Super-X this time around? ;)

Great to see you back! :D

Cheers,
Bob

PS: Is that an AC/DC reference I see in the OP title?

Why yes that is a reference to a little "Back in Black" by AC/DC.

Don't know about super-x this time around but I'm wondering what a black 10 would look like........I'm definitely building, as opposed to buying, as I still need some time to tidy up some health issues plus I do enjoy the building process.

Once again, thanks for all the notes, PM and private emails. Good to be back amongst friends.

If you are interested in an 8, I have a friend in LaFollette,TN who is getting ready to sell his RV8 project. Very nice work.

Dana glad to see you here again and in good shape! We were missing you all those months. I owe you a drink. Are you coming to Oshkosh this year?

Dana glad to see you here again and in good shape! We were missing you all those months. I owe you a drink. Are you coming to Oshkosh this year?

Howdy Vlad:D Yes, it looks like I'm right seating up this year with Steve Eberhart in his beautiful 7A in a two ship with Larry in his yellow 7,SunSeeker A drink you say:eek:....I'm in:)

It must have been a heck of a year

I followed your accident report/rebuild with great interest. I'm glad you're back!
Michael

Why yes that is a reference to a little "Back in Black" by AC/DC.

Nyuk, Nyuk! With ya all the way...well done!

Don't know about super-x this time around but I'm wondering what a black 10 would look like........I'm definitely building, as opposed to buying, as I still need some time to tidy up some health issues plus I do enjoy the building process.

I'll bet a black 10 would look great! Don't think I've seen a black Rocket either...and a Black 8...there's gotta be a cool 8-ball logo for that too! But that's your call...no matter what, they all scream "I'm too sexy for my plane, too sexy for my plane..." :D

Look forward to meeting you at OSH!

Cheers,
Bob

Back