What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flop tube

wirejock

Well Known Member
I'm prepping the tanks and now at the flop tube install. It looks like the hole for the AN fitting is drilled through the T405 tank bracket but there is no drawing showing where. I assume a hole close to center maintaining minimum edge distance for the rivets. There is also a tooling hole I could enlarge but have not checked to see if it is in a good location.
Does anyone have notes or pictures?

Last edited:
ignore the tooling hole in the rib....it will be sandwiched between multiple layers of aluminum and sealant. Just focus on the rivet layout and the placement of the fluid fitting on the big angle piece...there is not a lot of room for the bunch of them. Patience grasshopper..

Evan

flop tube

ignore the tooling hole in the rib....it will be sandwiched between multiple layers of aluminum and sealant. Just focus on the rivet layout and the placement of the fluid fitting on the big angle piece...there is not a lot of room for the bunch of them. Patience grasshopper..
Evan

Is there an interference issue with the wing mounting bolt that goes through the angle?
I've located a spot low of center that allows rivet minimum edge distance.
Thanks Evan

Larry-
I hope there is not interference with the wing bolt... What I did was lay out the rivet patern and adjusted it so the flop tube fitting could be tightened without the rivet heads interfering with the fitting nut. The fuel line is attached after the wing is final attached. So I'd assume there is plenty of room to get a wrench in there.

Larry-
I hope there is not interference with the wing bolt... What I did was lay out the rivet patern and adjusted it so the flop tube fitting could be tightened without the rivet heads interfering with the fitting nut. The fuel line is attached after the wing is final attached. So I'd assume there is plenty of room to get a wrench in there.

Thanks Daniel
I did the same. Actually I looked at your pictures. It helped a lot. I ended up just a bit lower than yours. After all the measuring, it would only fit in one spot and still allow clearance for the nut.

Back