What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Phase 1 Completed!

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Yesterday I completed the last of the 40 hours of my Phase 1 Flight Testing period. It's been a great way to get introduced to the plane, learn the nuances and each and every flight had at least one or more squawks of items that need attention. So I developed a task list and made sure I knew what needed to be done before the next flight as well as what else needed to be tested.

As the flights progressed, more and more of the systems and instruments were brought online, tested and incorporated into the flight profile.

I haven't had any major squawks and most of the items for the last 15-20 hours have been small items (Bluetooth phone volume needs to higher, learn how to do hot starts better, etc...)

My wife is psyched for her first flight today and I am looking forward to venturing outside of the 100NM radius for a change. At 170+ Knots, that's a pretty small range.

IMG_1110_zps95754dae.jpg

Congrats

Any information you can share about any squawks. With my planned (hoped for) completion in the next 6 months I am interested in what other people have run into during testing.

Sweet.

....and now the love affair with your -10 starts! You'll also be very pleasantly surprised at the "points" you'll score with your wife in those trips with her :)

Congratulations,

Any information you can share about any squawks. With my planned (hoped for) completion in the next 6 months I am interested in what other people have run into during testing.

Bill, for me, very little in any significant way. A log of squawks were things like:

1) Check out X to see if it will work on next flight - unused until now
2) Increase volume of Bluetooth music
3) Test oxygen tank fill
4) Check and adjust rudder trim tab - repeat again
5) Test A/P
6) Transponder Test with ATC

Enjoy!

We have enjoyed every trip, short or long. We don't fly a lot compared to some, but we are always looking forward to our next adventure. Stop and see us at PMH when you fly East.

Congratulations!

Great accomplishment Mark.
We get great use out of our 10
and I am sure you will too.

Bigtime congrats!

That day, for me, was almost as momentous as First Flight. The seemingly-sudden freedom to fly wherever I wanted was FABulous. :D

Back