What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bill of Sale...

noelf

Well Known Member
fyi...last Monday I called Van's requesting a Bill of Sale. The requested paperwork arrived today...a seven day turn around. Everything looks good, no mistakes. After 14 years of building, Van's is still responsive and a great company do do business with...Thanks Van!

it is also great what that means,... you need a bill of sale

good luck on completing the home stretch in short order!

I've been at it far too long,.. but hope to be "done..done" shortly

fyi...last Monday I called Van's requesting a Bill of Sale. The requested paperwork arrived today...a seven day turn around. Everything looks good, no mistakes. After 14 years of building, Van's is still responsive and a great company do do business with...Thanks Van!
That's funny, I called Van's for my Bill of Sale on Monday as well and also got it today. The guy told me that all BOS requests are handled on Thursdays. Since I was in a hurry to get my registration going, I was hoping for something quicker, but it's my fault for putting this off too long. Since it was free and everything was correct, I'm not complaining.

I envy you fellows getting your Bill of Sale from Van's. My wife and I just picked up our RV-7 empennage kit yesterday. I think we are just a bit behind you guys time wise. Our building adventure is just begining.

I too just received the Bil of Sale from Van's.

The price line was blank. What do the FAA expect you to enter here?

blank?
zero?
actual price paid for kits?
total price paid fo everything?
something else?

I have the EAA "certification kit" but it is unclear - at least to me so far. I'll read more caefully again but any help would be appreciated.

Jim Sharkey

Enjoy the trip

I envy you fellows getting your Bill of Sale from Van's. My wife and I just picked up our RV-7 empennage kit yesterday. I think we are just a bit behind you guys time wise. Our building adventure is just beginning.
Like most of the other posters, I just sent my registration paperwork to Oklahoma City this week. My wife and I have been looking back at the journey and the new life that is ahead of us. Don't become too focused on the goal, enjoy the trip that you are embarking on. You are going to have many great experiences and meet many great people.

FAA doesn't seem to care what you put in, if anything, where the blank line is for price. Now, when your state tax collector comes knocking...

Bob
N442PM (flying)

Received Certification of Registration today for RV-12, N6GC. Took a little over two weeks. I have in the past with the two other RVs I built left the price off the application. When the tax collector calls I add up the price of the Kits and pay taxes on that amount. This is one advantage to building E-AB. You do have to pay as much taxes as you would building E-LSA.
Gerry
Repeat Builder
RV-12, N6GC, Waiting on engine Installation Kit.
Cub, NC88583

Back