What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Greetings from the snowy UK

Topturn

Just wanted to say hello after reading these forums for a good while.

I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered my RV-12 the first bit of which should be in the UK early February. I'm a first time builder and very aware it's going to be a huge challenge. I have no doubt I'll be asking a few questions of you guys as the build progresses.

Let the fun begin

Also snow in the Netherlands

Another European builder!
Also a lot of snow in the Netherlands, keeps me from building. Doing a lot of outdoor activities lately.

I only did make some skies for my Piper Cub from damaged (by shipping) RV-12 skin. So that will be the first RV-12 parts flying in Europe :D
Have fun building!

Joeri, Netherlands.

IMG_3860.jpg

Cub

Great Cub photo. We had snow in Florida today and below freezing mornings for the past two weeks. This hampered finishing my RV-12, too cold to work in hangar, not used to this kind of weather, so much for Global Warming. Hope to return to UK one day. Spent three years at Greenham Common, wonder if the AFB is still there? Really enjoyed my tour there.
Gerry
Repeat Builder, 6 & 9
RV-12, N6GC, (almost finished)
Cub, NC88583

Greenham Common

No! After years of campaigning it got torn up and returned to "common" land.

Cheers...Keith

RC Cub ;-)

You are right, it's a RC Cub. I thought it was clear when you had a look at the picture but I guess I fooled some of you :D
But the skies are still RV-12 tailcone skin. The model is a Thunder Tiger ARF Piper Cub 7ft/210cm with a OS.50 and bisson muffler. Flying in the snow is really fun (the frozen lake is nearby my house).
(Sorry for going off-topic)

YouTube

IMG_1107.jpg

100_6093.jpg

Back