What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9A in SanAntonio area

9a in San Antonio

I have an 9a with the 14 seat mod it moved the seat back 3-4". I've had someone in the plane that tall before but had to remove the cushions. He used the wedge and was happy for a short flight.

I'm out of town until the 18th. Look me up after then.

The plane is at 53t.

David

6'4 myself and not too far from that weight. Building a 9a. almost 14 seat mod surely does help a bunch, just installed that and my "test flights" (well couldn't find anybody to push but I did make noises) shows it is well worth the change.

My rudder pedals are also as far forward as possible. If both of us jumped in, it would for sure be cozy.

thanks Jeff that helps. My wife is 112 lbs and 5' 3" so I think we would be ok on useful load as well. However once in a while my son would like to ride and he is 6'4 but not near as heavy.

I'm going to sit in a 6A this weekend ( looking at useful load)

Thanks again
Willie

I personally found the 6 felt a lot smaller, in particular my knee and fresh air vent wanted to occupy the same space. With that said every plane is setup different and can feel significantly different.

Tis a good idea for Bighorn to get a ride in a 9A. I'm 6'0" 185 and with the spouse aboard I find the Nine awfully tight for trips of 2 hrs or more. I would like more legroom AND more "wiggle" room. My son and two of my friends are 6'4" (190 to 210lbs) or a bit more and they do not find the Nine comfortable at all. Insufficient legroom straight out, and insufficient room under the panel to bend the knees. The seat height is OK with the wedge cushion removed, but barely.
If I were building today it would be a 14. :)

Big guys fit a lot better with the standard instrument panel...deeper panels tend to contact your thighs.

I find the -9 decently roomy, but then again I trained in a pretty tight-fitting DA-20...

I did sit in a RV8 and was comfortable, still had additional adjustments left in seat and rudders, current set up for a 6 footer.

I have alot of time in tandem seating so that's not an issue. Thoughts were that maybe the Mrs (CFO in our house) would enjoy a side by side.

Back