What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My Introduction...And looking for local RV Owners!

anubisdeath666

I'm New Here
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on these forums, and many other RV pages for a few years now, and have finally decided to create an account and introduce myself as I am about to start my RV-8!

My name is Kyle Carroll, and I'm an A-10 Avionics Technician stationed at Whiteman AFB, in Missouri. I had my first experience with RVs in 2009 when my flight instructor took me for a ride in his -4. Since then I've been hooked and determined to one day build my own. It's been years since I've had an opportunity to ride in an RV, but I know it's the plane I want. I'm looking to meet some other local builders and learn from you all. If anyone is located Anywhere around the Kansas City area or outwards to Overland Park, KS and Warrensburg, MO, I'd love to meet up and learn what I can, especially if anyone locally owns an -8!

RV-8

Kyle,

Welcome to VAF.

I'm in Lee's Summit and am constructing a -8. Let me know if I can be of any help to you. We are pretty deep into the construction with the tail and wings done and the fuse in the final stages of riveting.

I will send you a private message with a phone number. Give me a call if you would like to get together or talk airplanes.

I have done a lot of work at Whiteman over the years, and was on the base the morning of 9-11.

Robert

You already heard about KLXT.

Lee's Summit has a complete hatful of RV experts. Hang out there a little while and tour the EAA hangar sone afternoon/when it opens and you'll be fully connected in a couple of hours.

Back