What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-15 Dreaming....springtime in Texas

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Took the cub up for a .3 this morning (first flight in that in a loooonnnngg time).

Got me thinking about how nice it's going to be to do this type stuff in the RV-15!

Doesn't that picture just scream 'get the lawn chair out, sit in that morning shade and leave the laptop OFF while you finish your morning ice tea'? Springtime in Texas photo for your enjoyment...

IMG_5698-X3.jpg

This summer?

So what do you think...an announcement/presentation at Oshkosh this summer for the 50th?

Osh

My money is on Vans having a cartoon illustration for Oshkosh 2022. Customers who have already paid money, and have been waiting in the queue, take priority over the RV-15 for which Vans made almost no commitments. I'd love to be wrong, but the unprecedented impacts to the supply chain, labor, and industry in general make me think there will be minimal offerings for Oshkosh 2022.

RV-15 Wish list- or next Kit wish list from anybody

I would really be interested in a kit built plane that has the characteristics of a Cessna 177.

This plane is easy to get into and out of, lots of room for 4 people. I would like it to be faster. That would be my next plane to build.

First, I need to finish my RV-10.

Take my money. I just want it to be a little faster than an x cub with 26” wheels and im ok if it’s not crazy stol just medium. Oh and I don’t want to spend as much money on it as I did on my 14 so even tho I heard it’s based on the 390 I won’t be spending that much money on a motor again.

Sitting on the Fence

I have heard from a good source, that the RV15 will fly into Oshkosh.... ;)

I am sitting on the fence whether I will go or not. It is questionable if my plane will be done in time.

If you are SURE the RV15 will be there, that might push me off the fence and into the Osh cow pie.

Are you sure?

Airventure 2022

I thought it was no secret that Van's is "actively working on the RV-15 prototype" and that their "goal is to have the prototype airplane at Airventure".

I'd love to be wrong on this, and I do hope they have an actual aircraft at Airventure 2022. However, based on their announcement video from last July, Rian Johnson said "... we will be done before Oshkosh next year to the point we can have a picture to show...".

If there are additional announcements to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

I’m betting it will be at OSH ‘22

Being in the hangar at Van’s today and hearing them working away on the -15 behind the steel curtain really made it difficult not to beg and grovel for a sneak peek. Not that it would have mattered. ;) At least I left with my dignity intact and my -10 wing kit in the back of the U-Haul. :D

Attachments

• 73C85965-0071-4240-8D9F-D1FC368AB17B.jpg
    73C85965-0071-4240-8D9F-D1FC368AB17B.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 337
Being in the hangar at Van’s today and hearing them working away on the -15 behind the steel curtain really made it difficult not to beg and grovel for a sneak peek.

Thanks for the picture. I was wondering what that side of the wall looked like.

Last edited:
With all the secrecy and hoopla being created over the RV15, I'm surprised there isn't a poster of a skunk on the wall somewhere. The "Van's Skunkworks".

With all the secrecy and hoopla being created over the RV15, I'm surprised there isn't a poster of a skunk on the wall somewhere. The "Van's Skunkworks".

How do you know there's not one......................
on the other side of that wall:rolleyes:

Back