What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Feature request

rcarsey

Well Known Member
It was nice to see the factory folks at Oshkosh in the flesh after many years of working by email or phone.

I would like some sort of wing locker or pod. As I packed the rv-12 for Oshkosh, I realized that a lot of my baggage area was full of bulky things that didn't weigh much.. sleeping bag, tent, air mattress -- total of that was about 15lbs but took up a lot of space. So perhaps a place on or in the wings that can be used for bulky but light storage. A plane like the NXCub which can be pilot-changed from tri-gear to tail-wheel would be great too -- makes it more versatile if the mission changes a bit.

Sure, Patey-grade hard points to mount a motorbike would be nice, but let's keep it affordable :). I echo some of the other things mentioned in other posts too, but this one hasn't been mentioned.

Last edited:
It was nice to see the factory folks at Oshkosh in the flesh after many years of working by email or phone.

I would like some sort of wing locker or pod. As I packed the rv-12 for Oshkosh, I realized that a lot of my baggage area was full of bulky things that didn't weigh much.. sleeping bag, tent, air mattress -- total of that was about 15lbs but took up a lot of space. So perhaps a place on or in the wings that can be used for bulky but light storage.

Sure, Patey-grade hard points to mount a motorbike would be nice, but let's keep it affordable :). I echo some of the other things mentioned in other posts too, but this one hasn't been mentioned.

Wing lockers like on a PS-28 Sportcruiser, excellent idea!

Removable Travel Pod on centerline below the fuze (like the "bomb" kitfoxes have) or mounted to the wing itself (or the struts if so equipped). It's all been done before, just gotta make it work on the -15.

High Wingity Wing Lockers

Wing lockers could swing down from the bottom surface. Just sayin’. Making big non-structural holes would sure compromise a cantilever wing, though.

Yup, Trimotor

There ya go, Carl! I was thinking of the Ford when I typed that. And you found pix! Actually, my second time in the air was in a Ford giving short rides at Santa Barbara Airport (KSBA) when I was a kid.

Back