What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Welcome: The OSH'21 video announcing it.

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Welcome to the new RV-15 sub-forum. Van's Aircraft announced the RV-15 on 7/26/21 at OSH'21. The video below, shot by David Lee (the guy in the front row - white shirt and legs crossed), shows the announcement.

Looking forward to it!

Video of the announcement: https://dougreeves.smugmug.com/Osh21/i-zmQmnB3/A

Greg Hughes pic before the forum asking folks to say hi: (full size)
IMG_1987-XL.jpg

v/r,dr

Last edited:
I expect it'll be RV-14 or better type kit, all final sized, etc. I hope it's a 2+2 at least, if not a full 4 seater. For me, it'll be that or the Sling HW which is now flying.

At 3:50 in the video he gestures about “getting in and out of the aircraft” while flipping imaginary seats forward. 4 seater?

Da Fifteen

Good news, for many of us who have grandkids or a need for even more off road than my previous two RVs allowed, now Vans has a horse in the race. I was considering building a Bearhawk but my wife beat me to the punch purchasing my RV15.

If it's half the utility of the M5 it will be a winner...:)
V/R
Smokey

I’m ready

I sold my Maule and held up on building a bearhawk just so I could build the proposed RV-15. I was hoping it would come to market before I kicked the bucket. I’ll probably sell the RV-9 and Aerostar if the -15 is all the plane that I hope it is. The coming inflation numbers is going to be mind-boggling next year but we got to keep the faith and be prepared.

I am so thankful of everything Vans has done over the years in helping us aviators enjoys these designs and most importantly listening to the potential customers on a high wing offering. I know that this was a tough decision for Vans as they were a low wing group from the beginning but I hope that this design will keep the company profitable for years to come. I fear that some kit companies will not be able to compete but that is what competition is all about. We the consumer ultimately wins. Thanks Vans!

If anyone has a list of what Van's want input on, please post it here.

We are never short of opinions here on VAF.......:D

I'm all in for a 2+2 as well. If it can do 150 kts, multi role cruising and back country flying. Also very curious in the engine requirement as well. Looking forward to more info.

I’m hoping for a big useful load - and 4 seats. I would be thrilled to death for Experimental from vans with specs to match a Cessna 180

I had a Bearhawk 4 Place for a couple years. The extra interior space was really nice for hauling all our stuff on trips to the middle of nowhere.

Now I'm looking forward to building the RV-15. I really hope Vans does a 4-place airplane with an IO-540 option.

Given comparison of other like aircraft - Cub, Bearhawk, S21, Sportsman, etc - a Vans-ified Cessna 175 would be a welcome thought. Adequate cabin space for 2+2/4 place possibilities with ample cargo and upright seating. Wide range of engine/prop choices to fit the mission.

Back