What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview owners?4u on network hub.

ron sterba

Well Known Member
I have two Skyviews and auto pilot servos. I'm finding that the pass through bushings in the center section bulkhead / spar are filling up with pitot/static tubes,wires,antenna.cable with little room for the harness cables FROM the servos and ADAHRS TO THE SKYVIEW NETWORK HUB. Can the network hub be mounted under the seat floor and just run ONE harness from under the seat hub to the Skyview itself. Getting there just one wire at a time!

Ron in Oregon

Yes, you can put the hub anywhere it is convenient.
It's a major advantage of the SkyView network compared to the CAN bus that is used by others.

The SVN can organized as a distributed star-star network (hubs connected to hubs) up to reasonable limits.

Thanks Vern, that's what I'll do is put the hub under the front seat panel. I see you sold your RV9A. Was there a reason that you didn't like it,,,,,,,,,,,,that's what iam building. I'm thinking you might like a tail drager.

Ron in Oregon RV9A

I have both ADAHRS and A/P servos installed behind wing spar in my RV6A. They are connected to a hub mounted back there which enables me to run just one network cable forward to one of the displays. Makes things really neat and efficient.

Thanks Bob, I think I will follow with the idea of the hub under the baggage floor rather than the front seat.a little easier to access. I feel good now! That is good direction.

Next ?. My ADAHRS IS mounted at the next bulkhead from baggage bulkhead. Running the tubes from the ADAHRS,,,,,,ARE THE TUBES TO BE SECURED EVERY 8" or so. Mine are coming from under the floor and planning to run them up the side on the longer one. I guess pictures are always helpful if anybody has then.

Always appreciate the help guys.
Ron in Oregon.

I mounted my hub on the stiffened under the pitch servo and plugged both ADHRS and the servo into it. The cable I ran forward plugged into another hub on the sub-panel along with a few other things,including the skyview.

To secure the tubes, I used zip tie pads but removed the sticky pads and glued them in place with Goop brand autoqmotive trim adhesive. Make sure to put a zip tie in them before gluing just in case the glue tries to close the holes. It has been seven years and 700 hours and not one has come loose.

Last edited:
Thanks Vern, that's what I'll do is put the hub under the front seat panel. I see you sold your RV9A. Was there a reason that you didn't like it,,,,,,,,,,,,that's what iam building. I'm thinking you might like a tail drager.

Ron in Oregon RV9A

I loved my 9a but I got the builder's itch again. Both the 9a and my HR-II fit in my tee hangar, but I had one too many airplanes. The 9a is a fantastic airplane but I liked the challenge of a tail dragger and aerobatics. I also needed a new aircraft to develop some new avionics devices for MakerPlane. The most ambitious was a 2-axis autotrim controller which makes the Rocket a great XC steed.

Back