What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft paint designs by a master...

pierre smith

Well Known Member
...is what Merco Pecorari is all about.

A friend of mine had him design his RV-10 paint scheme and Merco mailed him full sized paper templates that the paint and body guy simply applied to the airplane. Click on References:

http://www.aircraftstudiodesign.com

Best,

Last edited:
Looks like

they do great work. Can you refer me to where I can learn how to do a full scale paper template. Nothing came up on a search.

Thanks for the info Pierre

They are based in Modena near Bologna in Northern Italy. Nearby is Maranello which is the home of Scuderia Ferrari. Modena is known as the Capital of Engines as Ferrari, De Tomaso, Lamborghini, Pagani and Maserati engines are, or were made there. The Italians are absolutely brilliant at design.

It would be good Pierre if you could post a picture of your friends 10.

...is what Merco Pecorari is all about.

A friend of mine had him design his RV-10 paint scheme and Merco mailed him full sized paper templates that the paint and body guy simply applied to the airplane. Click on References:

http://www.aircraftstudiodesign.com

Best,

I'm very interested in knowing what this service costs. If I provide a professional painter with templates, will he reduce his price proportionately to what I pay Merco for the design and templates?

Here ya go.....

Greg Connell's nice -10:
boderek4.jpg

The airplane lives at Twin Lakes airpark S.C., near Augusta, Ga.
boderek5.jpg

This is the same -10 that outran Gary Ward's F-33 Bonanza by 12 MPh according to the GPS groundspeeds.
Best,

Last edited:
I don't have a clue...

I'm very interested in knowing what this service costs. If I provide a professional painter with templates, will he reduce his price proportionately to what I pay Merco for the design and templates?

...regarding any discounts from the painter. I guess that once you find out Merco's cost, then you'd have a starting point. Perhaps some aircraft painters may chime in.

Best,

What you don't know is.....

....that the University of S.C. at Clemson, is who he roots for. A little hidden trivia;)

Best,

Back