What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Autopilot on a 4

jim plaster

Well Known Member
I'm installing a Dynon autopilot on a 4 for a buddy. Some are using the 6 roll brackets and others are using the Trutrac bracket with a torque tube clamp. To keep the servo pushrod angle to a minimum..it appears that the torque tube clamp is a better option. Does anyone have the part number for it? His ship already has a D180 ..... I installed the Dynon in my 6 and love it.

Ordered from Trutrak

I was not sure who's AP I would install, but also liked the TruTrak servo hardware. In February, I was told "If you have Trutrak servos, they?re $75 each. If you are purchasing servos, they?re included free. Otherwise, they?re $200." I purchased, so I will have them when I do pick an AP. Not a part I wanted to fabricate.

Autopilot

This gentleman already has a Dynon D180 in the panel so he chose to go with the Dynon components since his panel space is limited. I'll give my local avionics guru a call tomorrow about the clamp. It sure would be nice to minimize the servo arm angles with the clamp on the torque tube. Might try Trutrac as a last resort.

Back