What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for RV-7 kit #331 (Vans # 7331)

flyboycpa

Hello all,

I helped build the majority of kit #331, originally delivered in March 2003 to Tennessee. We spent a couple of years part-time and got it all the way thru tail contraction, wing construction/attachment, seat pans installed, and panel/sub-panel pieces installed, and had started on the canopy, before the airplane was sold. Initially, it went to a buddy of mine and stayed with him for a while until he was furloughed from his job in '08. He was forced to sell it and it went to someone in Florida.

I'd really like to see pics of it and if it has flown (sorta like "closure", I suppose)

Thanks,
Sam

I saw that one on my initial search; however, it was sold to as a taildragger (and it was pretty far along). I'm not sure how easily that could, or would, be changed to a training-wheel aircraft. I guess it's possible, but it seems like a whole lot of work to convert it considering how close it was to completion. You would think a guy would just find a trike for sale versus buying/converting a tailwheel version. Also, it was sold to a guy in Florida (not that it means he couldn't have resold it, or relocated).

Just surprises me if it were that plane. If it is that plane, then I know it's a beautiful plane.

thanks,
Sam

I too thought the same thing when I noticed it was a "nose dragger". I don't know how there would be more than one with the same serial number.

Back