- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-15-2020, 04:37 PM

Default JD Air RV14 latch

For all of you RV14 builders with intentions of using the Classic Aero interior, the new JD Air canopy latch is ready for immediate shipping. I have them in both Red anodized and natural aluminum.

Luke has assured RV 14 builders that the new panels are in the works and should be available soon. Specifically, you'll have to check with Luke on availability.

There is no difference mechanically between the existing latch and the new latch. The new latch only addresses additional clearance needed for the Classic Interior.
RV-7 N717EE-Flying (Sold)
RV-7 N717AZ Painted and Complete
2021 Gold Lindy Grand Champion Kit Plane
Old 06-15-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7Guy View Post
For all of you RV14 builders with intentions of using the Classic Aero interior, the new JD Air canopy latch is ready for immediate shipping. I have them in both Red anodized and natural aluminum.

Luke has assured RV 14 builders that the new panels are in the works and should be available soon. Specifically, you'll have to check with Luke on availability.

There is no difference mechanically between the existing latch and the new latch. The new latch only addresses additional clearance needed for the Classic Interior.
Hi Darwin. Do you have any photos?
Thanks
2021 =VAF= donor
Old 06-15-2020, 07:36 PM

Waiting patiently, and I'm sure that whatever you and Luke come up with will be the ultimate interior combo for the 14. Thanks to both of you!
Dues Paid - Gladly!
Old 06-16-2020, 10:13 AM

Default email

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS19087 View Post
Hi Darwin. Do you have any photos?
Thanks
Email me and I'll send you pictures. Send email to jdairparts@gmail.com. Also you can look on the website and see pictures of the current latch. There is only one minor difference.

Posting pictures on here is a pain in the butt and I'm not going to pay a hosting site $$ per month to post a few pictures a year. Other options are out there.
RV-7 N717EE-Flying (Sold)
RV-7 N717AZ Painted and Complete
2021 Gold Lindy Grand Champion Kit Plane
Old 06-16-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:

I know Luke didn't want to commit to a specific timeframe a couple of months ago for having the panel redesign done when he and Darwin agreed to work together on this, but I wonder if anyone has gotten a timeframe commitment since then?

Luke, any update?

Darwin - Thanks for following through and making this happen in a very timely manner! If you'll email me the pictures I'll be glad to post them for you.

Thanks!!
Dues Paid - Gladly!
Old 06-16-2020, 12:57 PM

Yes ! As a matter of fact, a few months ago, I received a verbal promise from Luke that he would have the JD Air latch pilot side panel ready to ship by end of July 2020.
I also spoke with Jeremiah yesterday on the matter and he confirmed that they are working on it as we speak! He expects that it will be pretty much on time....

Great news after waiting for over a year but will be well worth the wait! A great combination of quality designs finally coming together!

Cheers to Darwin and Luke!
Old 06-16-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsky pilot View Post
Yes ! As a matter of fact, a few months ago, I received a verbal promise from Luke that he would have the JD Air latch pilot side panel ready to ship by end of July 2020.
I also spoke with Jeremiah yesterday on the matter and he confirmed that they are working on it as we speak! He expects that it will be pretty much on time....

Great news after waiting for over a year but will be well worth the wait! A great combination of quality designs finally coming together!

Cheers to Darwin and Luke!
That is GREAT news! Very glad to hear it. Thanks for the update!
Dues Paid - Gladly!
Old 06-16-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Email me and I'll send you pictures. Send email to jdairparts@gmail.com. Also you can look on the website and see pictures of the current latch. There is only one minor difference.

Posting pictures on here is a pain in the butt and I'm not going to pay a hosting site $$ per month to post a few pictures a year. Other options are out there.
Darwin emailed me pictures of the new latch for the Classic Aero side panel. They are shown below:

Dues Paid - Gladly!
Old 06-16-2020, 04:56 PM

this latch so nice. I love the open close action. Very smooth. I am glad I changed out from stock latch.

FaceBook Page: Ken's RV-14
RV-14a (serial number 140073)
N73XP

Plane at hangar and the wings ON.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockmanreef View Post
this latch so nice. I love the open close action. Very smooth. I am glad I changed out from stock latch.
Aloha Ken

I have been told that the latch sticks out a bit in the back due to the fuselage having a slight curve. JD tells me that once its mounted up the stiffener will "straighten" that piece of skin out a bit and its not an issue. Do you have any installed photos you can post?

RV14A Tail kit 95%
Wing kit 95%
Fuselage QB stuck in China virus corrosion purgatory

RV 14 WIKI in Drop Box

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xu5p6f4l7...bU0ck0pJa?dl=0

please purchase the thumb drive Vans offers. I DO NOT want to take away from sales flow or get the WIKI Killed.

---For Edit Access drop me a PM with your Email address.

EAA 1300
Donation Paid 18,19,20,21 Military exempt