What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tanks

gib

I finished my fuel tanks this weekend and I'm happy to say no leaks. I am so glad to be finished with fuel tanks. I moved them out of the garage and into my office/storage room. Did I ever tell you I hate fuel tanks!

RV-7045.jpg

Woot Woot!

Congratulations Gib!
I am just a little behind you. I just installed the rear baffle on the left tank. I am now waiting for it to cure before I do the leak test. How long did you wait for before doing the leak test? I sealed mine on Sunday and I will be out of town until Thursday or Friday. I figured that should be plenty of time to allow a good curing.
Now I?m just holding my breath.

I hate fuel tanks too. I even woke up this AM thinking about how much I hate them. My second fuel tank is giving me no end of problems and I may have to pull of the rear baffle now. I may cry.

I'm glad you got yours done.

I feel your pain

I first sealed my tanks in 2010. I have resealed leaks 7 times! I have gotten so frustrated! Most of my leaks have been on the baffle to skin at the rivets. I am very close now. 1 tank is now leak free and I drilled out what I hope to be the last 4 rivets last night. I even made holes in the baffle and gobbed sealant where the baffle meets the skin. Wish me luck!

I hate fuel tanks too. I even woke up this AM thinking about how much I hate them. My second fuel tank is giving me no end of problems and I may have to pull of the rear baffle now. I may cry.

I'm glad you got yours done.

Congratulations Gib!
I am just a little behind you. I just installed the rear baffle on the left tank. I am now waiting for it to cure before I do the leak test. How long did you wait for before doing the leak test? I sealed mine on Sunday and I will be out of town until Thursday or Friday. I figured that should be plenty of time to allow a good curing.
Now I?m just holding my breath.

I put the baffle on the right tank Friday morning and tested both on Sunday morning. The left has been ready for 3 weeks. I just wanted to do them at the same time. I didn't sleep to well on Friday and Saturday night.

Thats a long time to hold your breath!

I am so glad I didn't have any leaks, I feel for the people that do. I know how hard you try to make them good and then they leak and its like someone punched you in the gut.

Back