What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Snap vents

togaflyer

Well Known Member
To add a couple of extra vents without installing an overhead console, is it possible to install snap vents on the door windows. I took a look at them on the Spruce web page while ordering some stuff. It seems to be a simple add on. Do you see any issues with that installation. You would be required to cut a 3 1/4 hole in the door windows. I figure around shoulder height.

snap vents

I fly pipeline in a 182. You can imagine what it's like down low this time of the year. I can't imagine doing it without snap vents. The overheads are OK but having the air roll across the front of your chest is great. Doubles the air inside. When you rotate them 180 no air comes in. Be sure and position your seat where you like it before cutting the hole. You want the vent ahead of your chest just a little bit. Best $20 ever.

Don Oltman

I personally would not want them. I only have the panel mounted vents and they are plenty at altitude which is where I spend most of my RV-10 time. They actually are at least half closed in cruise.

I personally would not want them. I only have the panel mounted vents and they are plenty at altitude which is where I spend most of my RV-10 time. They actually are at least half closed in cruise.

What he said.

I think I would rather stick a needle under my finger nail than cut a big hole in the window and put an ugly and draggy vent in there. But that is just me. :)

No need for them IMHO. I have Steinair aluminum vents and love them. They have great directional and flow control. I even get a nice airflow through them just sitting on the ground with the prop turning at idle.

Back