What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 down, Marathon TX ?

I dont think it was the fence we see in the photo, otherwise the plane would be pointing in the other direction. It does look like the left wing struck a fence post though?

Sad to see this but glad they made it out ok.

...The decent rate must have been horrendous, as the main gear legs are bent flat too the wings. The front of the wheel pants are in tacked, and appear undamaged so they didn't impact anything other than the ground.

I dont think it was the fence we see in the photo, otherwise the plane would be pointing in the other direction. It does look like the left wing struck a fence post though?

There is what looks (to me anyway) like another fence in the photo that is laying on the ground in front of the nose....

There is a wire fence and posts down in front of the nose. It looks like it pulled out a few posts and flipped the plane over.

...The decent rate must have been horrendous, as the main gear legs are bent flat too the wings. The front of the wheel pants are in tacked, and appear undamaged so they didn't impact anything other than the ground.

Probably absorbed A LOT of the impact force from the occupants - thankfully

it appears to have been this plane:

Van%27s%20%28Picard%29%20RV-4%20%5B1994%5D%20N945RV.jpg

Back