What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Capacitive Fuel Sensors & AFS 3400 EMS

hammer408

I installed Van's Capacitive fuel sensor plates in the fuel tanks of my 9A. I will be ordering AFS 3400 EMS and 3400 EFIS/EMS. My question is: the Engine harness diagram that AFS has for their EMS specifies that if one has capacitive fuel sensors, then one needs a Capacitance to Voltage Adapter and a 1.5K resistor to decrease voltage to 4 volts.

Where can I purchase the Capacitive to voltage adapter? When I called Vans' they said that theirs if for EI fuel guages.

Thanks

Henry
N918HB

:confused:

Adapters

Call Dynon and see if theirs will work,they plug right on to the bnc connector at the tank and are easy to wire,they work great on my dynon but dont know about the compatibility of other engine monitor/efis combos.

AFS will sell you the converters. Just call and ask. The Dynon converters are a lot cheaper. Rob was testing them with his equipment.

I went with the Dynon adapters. I think they are cheaper than the Princeton adapters, and I really like how small/light they are.

Back