What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 240 audio panel I Phone cable

morganjp

Well Known Member
Does anyone out there know where I can purchase a cable for my I Phone that connects to the 2.5 port on my Garmin 240 audio panel to listen to music only?
If there was one shipped with the audio panel it is long gone and I never found it. I had used an adapter plug from radio shack that I have since lost and as it stuck way out of the audio panel it did not work well anyway.
I went on Garmins web site and they show no accessories for the 240.

Thanks for any input.

John Morgan

Does anyone out there know where I can purchase a cable for my I Phone that connects to the 2.5 port on my Garmin 240 audio panel to listen to music only?
If there was one shipped with the audio panel it is long gone and I never found it. I had used an adapter plug from radio shack that I have since lost and as it stuck way out of the audio panel it did not work well anyway.
I went on Garmins web site and they show no accessories for the 240.

Thanks for any input.

John Morgan

Hello John,

If you search for "Apple iPhone TTY Adapter" you will find places to purchase a 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm adapter plug that should work with your iPhone.

A 2.5 mm to 2.5 mm cable (male plug on both ends) was supplied with the GMA 240 that will plug into this adapter on one end and the front jack on the GMA 240 on the other end. Any stereo cable of this type should work. Page B-3 of the Rev. C GMA 240 Installation manual has a diagram to explain this cable.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Back