What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ND 14684 alternator mount brackets help.

SJordan

Well Known Member
Hello,
After reading the debate on alternators for days I have decided on the Autozone ND 14684. Can anyone tell me what set of mounts I need from B&C to mount this alternator to my boss pad on a 0-360? I would guess it the B&C kit for there "L60" but I'm just not sure. Also there L60 field pigtail connector looks like it will work on the 14684, anyone know this for sure?

Thanks for any help.
Shawn.

Good choice on the alternator, but do consider some form of overvoltage protection, same as any other choice.

That looks like the most likely bracket to fit, but you won't know for sure until you mount it. Van used to sell a 2 piece bracket that consisted of 2 'L's with mounting slots so you could slide both the front & back mount points to adjust the fore/aft position and the lug spacing. Unfortunately, it's no longer available and I can't find another source.

Charlie

Van's still sells a bracket kit that works with the 14684. Just purchased and installed myself. The bracket is machined aluminum custom fit for this alternator. The kit includes the adjustment arm and hardware. $45

Back