- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:47 PM

Default Going South

Hey Mark - I have one more thing to check and then it's most likely heading back for a check out. I have been following your other thread on the MAP sensor calibration and agree that it makes sense that it be user adjustable. Although I have to admit the amount of error isn't a huge concern in my style of flying. I did also find the inability to start my engine time at the actual time very odd. The other thing is the oil pressure limit to turn on the warning light is internally set at 15 psi. I would think that would be user adjustable also... I'll try to be persuasive.

Cheers, Sean
Donated to Nov 2021
Old 11-01-2020, 02:53 PM

The internal 15psi limit is, in some ways, a good thing. I say it's a good thing because it's one limit that is absolutely critical because you absolutely want to know when the oil pressure has dropped. As a result, GRT has taken away our ability to screw up this setting, thus it's something one can depend on! :-)

I do hope you get your issue sorted out, Sean. The good news is that GRT is, even in this covid environment, turning things around pretty quickly.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_JOY View Post
2) user setting of tach time (this one is just plain stupid - who would build an engine monitor and not give the user the capacity to sync their "new" engine monitor with actual aircraft hours?!?!?!)
Itís odd that they deleted this ó the eis6000 had this function.