What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB: GRT HX 8.4 inch

Av8safe

Well Known Member
I am looking for a fully operational GRT HX 8.4 inch EFIS Multifunctional Display Unit with Synthetic Vision.

PM me if you have a spare taking up space on your shelf or in your airplane (waiting for you to pull the trigger on that panel upgrade).

Thanks,
Mitch

Sending the patient to GRT for a work up

After pulling the unit and doing some troubleshooting, I was at least able to determine the HX may be repaired by GRT. My screen booted up light gray and nothing else seemed to function other than the dimmer. Removed the unit, cleaned the connectors and I got a good initialization…until it went gray shortly after. Rechecked the connectors with no change, then everything magically resolved with a slight tap to the top of the unit :)

Will now send to GRT to crack open and track down and repair the loose connection. Hopefully, it’s that simple. Great support so far from the GRT team, given the HX is long out of production.

GRT fixed my 6" Hx, same symptoms for free. A ribbon cable connector had worked itself loose. They added a 'spring clip' to keep it from backing off again.

Back