What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Torque vales in Wing Attachment Bolts

My friend has a RV7 and is looking for torque values for the AN7 and AN 4 attachment bolts that run through the fwd spar. Having trouble finding torque values.

Thanks

Joe

one more question

Also Noticed 2 Holes on forward wing spar Webb with no apparent structural purpose. Diagram shows 4-AN 7 and 4-AN4 per side. Are we missing something?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_4892.jpg
    IMG_4892.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 98
Also Noticed 2 Holes on forward wing spar Webb with no apparent structural purpose. Diagram shows 4-AN 7 and 4-AN4 per side. Are we missing something?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Those holes aren’t for the shear bars bolts, 704G.

Torq- AN 7- 450-500inlbs

AN4- 50-70inlbs

Last edited:
Guys- I'm thinking that there may be some confusion regarding the holes in the fwd spar web.

RV7 Drawing 11 appears shows that the AN4-13A bolts don't go thru the whole assembly. There are nut plates on the fwd face of the wing spar for those bolts to screw into.

If you look at that drawing approx zone 10C at the F-704C-L it looks like those holes are empty.

Am I missing something here?

Guys- I'm thinking that there may be some confusion regarding the holes in the fwd spar web.

RV7 Drawing 11 appears shows that the AN4-13A bolts don't go thru the whole assembly. There are nut plates on the fwd face of the wing spar for those bolts to screw into.

If you look at that drawing approx zone 10C at the F-704C-L it looks like those holes are empty.

Am I missing something here?

You're correct. That is how mine is done. The block, 13A bolts and nut platenuts are installed and the bolts do not carry all the way thru the spar. I too have the holes open in the front spar web. (Pic#1 is rear view, Pic #2 is the front).

PXL_20220403_220735181.MP.jpg PXL_20220403_220630663.jpg

Back