What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adding second landing light

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I am considering adding a second landing light (on the opposite wing). Has anyone done this and recorded the act? Not quite sure just what to order from Vans and how to wire it.

Don, IIRC you ran a pull string thru the grommets on your left wing. Just order up a landing light from Vans and after cutting the hole in the leading edge pull the LL wires on thru from the wing root. Be sure to securely fasten the wire to the string, making the attachment as slim as possible. Lube up the bundle with your product of choice as there ain't a lot of leeway in the grommets inboard of the stall warning wire.

I ran a wire from the left side root terminal of the LL to the fuselage connector for the right side LL. That's about it; lots of light in the pattern. I don't fly at night so I can't address any issues regarding loading up the circuit. Haven't blown any fuses during the 10 minutes the lights are on during approach to the airport.

Jim

Back