What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Request to San Antonio area RV-12 Owners

joertexas

I'm looking into building an RV-12, and I'd like to see one either completed or in progress. If anyone in the San Antonio or Austin area would be willing to show their aircraft, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hi Joe!! Welcome aboard. Hard to believe Mike Starkey missed you. Must be due to the 4th. :confused:

You've come to the right place. Just stand by and someone will help you with your request.

Cheers, :)

Hi Joe!! Welcome aboard. Hard to believe Mike Starkey missed you. Must be due to the 4th. :confused:

You've come to the right place. Just stand by and someone will help you with your request.

Cheers, :)

Thanks - I've been around airplanes literally all my life, and I've met few people who didn't want to show off their aircraft. ;)

I'm sure someone will answer soon..

Joe-- I don't read the regional forum often, thus this tardy response...

We have two flying 12's at Bulverde--just north off 281-- and two under construction.

Drop me a personal message and I will be happy to get you some stick time. Because of the 12's light wing loading, it will be best to fly in the morning (with sufficient ceiling) so you can appreciate the superb handling quality.

I am out there several mornings a week.

IIRC there is one other 12 being built at San Geronimo.

A request to Vans will get you a list of kit builders and flying RVs in Texas. It's a helpful service and sure helped me out when I was building my 6A back in 1996, pre-RV Forum.

Jim
Flying 260 hours

Joe-- I don't read the regional forum often, thus this tardy response...

We have two flying 12's at Bulverde--just north off 281-- and two under construction.

Drop me a personal message and I will be happy to get you some stick time. Because of the 12's light wing loading, it will be best to fly in the morning (with sufficient ceiling) so you can appreciate the superb handling quality.

I am out there several mornings a week.

IIRC there is one other 12 being built at San Geronimo.

A request to Vans will get you a list of kit builders and flying RVs in Texas. It's a helpful service and sure helped me out when I was building my 6A back in 1996, pre-RV Forum.

Jim
Flying 260 hours

Had a very nice visit on Thursday. Weather was not that great, so we elected to hold off the flight until another day.

Thanks for showing me your aircraft :D

First RV-12 Flight

Thanks to "N233JH" for the RV-12 flight this morning. We flew around the local area for about 45 minutes, of which I flew about half the time. I'm very impressed with the aircraft - it handles better than the 172s and 150s I've flown before.

The major issue for me is taxiing - I looked like a drunken duck trying to make it to the runway. :rolleyes: The steering system works very well, but it will take some practice to get it right.

Thanks again! :D

Back