What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake Pad Part Number

N223JH

Well Known Member
Save me a long drive to the airport! I recently replaced my brake pads but threw away the packages. Now I need to order same to replace my buddy's inventory. Need part number for pads and length of the copper rivets (inner and outer shoes are different in thickness.)

Also, if anyone has a better source than Spruce, I'd appreciate info.

TIA, Jim

Save me a long drive to the airport! I recently replaced my brake pads but threw away the packages. Now I need to order same to replace my buddy's inventory. Need part number for pads and length of the copper rivets (inner and outer shoes are different in thickness.)

TIA, Jim

Van's sells a pad kit that comes with 4 pads and a full set of short and long rivets so you don't have to worry about having the correct ones.

Thanks, Scott. But I need to replace this guy's inventory with the exact stuff I used and they were the pre-packaged pads in little plastic bags with short rivets. I rounded up the longer rivets elsewhere. Sure wish I had pocketed one of those bags... Maybe I can just double-up on the Van's stuff to replace his stock?

An easier way

TIA, Jim

The brakes are Matco. Matco has a service called Swiftline, and from the website:

SwiftLine Kit for two BE5 Brakes

This SwiftLine kit includes 2- MBSE5, 2- SBSE5, 1 BRL-1 for use with WHLBE5 external caliper brakes. The linings come installed on the brake shoes. This kit reflects a 20% discount on the reline kit and 60% discount on the brake shoes. There is no charge for the installation on the linings. After your SwiftLine purchase, any time you send your brake shoes in with spent linings, they will be relined for 20% off the cost of the reline kit. There is no labor charge removing the old linings and installing the new ones! Call for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number when sending in shoes with spent linings to minimize the turn around time.

The way it works is you buy a Swiftline Kit which is a new set of brakes shoes with linings costing about $70. You now have a extra new set of brakes ready to install whenever you need them. Then you return your old worn brake shoes and they reline them at a discount to the cost of new linings and no charge for riveting the new linings on, as stated above! The discount means this costs less than buying the new linings from Van's and you don't have to rivet them! Highly recommended. I have bought new relines twice now and the service is friendly and fast, but you don't need the fast because you always have a spare set of brakes on hand. You also know the linings are riveted on correctly.

Don will not like this because he won't have to buy any new tools.

Tony

Back