What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel psi sensor

dick seiders

Well Known Member
Has anyone in the RV12 group switched to the Kavlico Carb fuel Pressure Sensor, Dynon part no.101690-000?
It appears my 101411-000 (original) has failed in that it is giving high pressure (5-7.6psi) readings.
Anyone having any information, and sharing it will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Dick Seiders

Kavlico's the fix. Pete's got the details. You'll have to download some stuff from Dynon for the install.

Jim
156 hours

We replaced the legacy unit (never worked right) with the Kavlico. Easy install, but remember how the Dynon instructions suggested bringing the 5 vdc wire to a terminal strip for manifold pressure and future needs ? Well this is future need. The unit need 5 vdc. Not a big issue. You also need the latest software load and select fuel reassure xdcr type number 6. It is n the directions.
Phelps

Thanks to all who replied. I decided to go with Tony's fix with ring terminals on the VDO and have flown one hr since with no issues. Frankly I would buy another VDO before I tackled the hassle of Van's lock system, firmware upgrades on the Dynon, attaching resistors, etc. I do appreciate the feedback however, and thank you.
Dick

Back