Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2021, 06:56 PM

Default TS Flightlines Manifold Pressure Kit

Yesterday I installed the manifold pressure kit that I bought from Tom at TS Flightlines.

This kit is designed for a -7/A and fit perfectly. Here are a few photos showing it installed.

My -7 has an IO-360-XP58 installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	17371  Click image for larger version

Name:	mp2.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	17372  Click image for larger version

Name:	mp3.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	17373  

RV-7 Slider #74572
Started 11/2016
Empennage completed 11/2016 (sans fiberglass)
Ailerons and flaps completed 3/2017.
Wings completed 12/2017
Started on QB fuselage 01/2018
Sliding canopy mostly completed 10/2020
Wiring and Avionics harness completed 9/2/2021
FWF Started 9/3/2021

Donated for 2021 and so should you

Last edited by mfleming : 10-22-2021 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:53 PM

I see the moderators moved this to the Reviews forum.

I was hoping to get some input on the install and see if it routing and supports seemed OK....

RV-7 Slider #74572
Started 11/2016
Empennage completed 11/2016 (sans fiberglass)
Ailerons and flaps completed 3/2017.
Wings completed 12/2017
Started on QB fuselage 01/2018
Sliding canopy mostly completed 10/2020
Wiring and Avionics harness completed 9/2/2021
FWF Started 9/3/2021

Donated for 2021 and so should you
Old 10-23-2021, 02:42 PM

As far as future access to the most populated area of the engine, and considering that the engine mount tube location is mandatory, I like to run all wiring and lines along the motor mount.

I can understand the desire to build to cert. spec's, but after working around adel clamps and the bolts that hold them, I have switched to pull ties. My vacuum line is automotive and fits nice and follows the motor mount along with the wires and oil pressure line.

Anything you go to install in the area of the back of the motor, stop and imagine removing a mag, fuel pump, prop governor, oil screen, and even the oil filter.

Place them out of the way now and enjoy the work area later.
VAF #897 Warren Moretti
2020 =VAF= Dues PAID
Old 10-23-2021, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
As far as future access to the most populated area of the engine, and considering that the engine mount tube location is mandatory, I like to run all wiring and lines along the motor mount.

I can understand the desire to build to cert. spec's, but after working around adel clamps and the bolts that hold them, I have switched to pull ties. My vacuum line is automotive and fits nice and follows the motor mount along with the wires and oil pressure line.

Anything you go to install in the area of the back of the motor, stop and imagine removing a mag, fuel pump, prop governor, oil screen, and even the oil filter.

Place them out of the way now and enjoy the work area later.
Was thinking exactly the same thing, could not have said it any better myself.

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
RV7A built 2004, 2000+ hrs, New Titan IO-370, Bendix Mags
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154
Old 10-23-2021, 03:40 PM

The Installation shown is similar to what we utilize as stock on the RV14 installations, and the one that we utilize now on the RV10 firewall forward hose kits that are using electronic ignition.

It is designed with simplicity and the ability to easily upgrade in mind. For instance, you'll notice the AN cap blocking off a port on the tee assembly in the middle of the mount. That is now our stock configuration which allows a builder to swap from a single PMAG to a DUAL pmag down the road without having to redo any of the hose plumbing.

As far as the concern about accessibility....the back of the engines do get busy. Without getting into a debate about adel clamps versus zip ties....this kit could also easily be mounted with zip ties and a simple snip would allow the entire system to be removed quickly.

Personally, I like the adel clamps (and they look really nice), but they do take a bit longer to remove.

Walt does bring up an excellent point though. Thinking through accessibility is definitely something worthwhile to do during the build. In the case of the RV10/RV14 we developed wing root filters to eliminate having to change fuel filters in the tunnel. Remote oil filters have also become a popular option on the 10/14 to keep maintenance easier and less messy. Beringer wheels eliminate the hassle of re-packing wheel bearings. Eliminating plastic and rigid tube brake lines and going with teflon hose kits in the cabin and the gear legs can reduce maintenance down the road.

Ultimately, it is up to the individual builder which areas they would like to "improve" on their aircraft. There is always a delicate balance between cost and function.

We love coming up with solutions to address these areas. Everything we do is based on builder feedback and then refined based on more builder feedback. It's a privilege for Tom and I to get to work with so many of you all over the world. We are always listening and working to make drop in kits more user friendly and easier to install!

Steve

aircraftspecialty@gmail.com

www.aircraftspecialty.com
www.asflightlines.com