- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:51 AM

Default G3X AOA calibration

Could someone post a photo of their AOA calibration menu screen (MENU > Setup > AOA Calibration.

I've been trying to get my AOA set up for awhile and it always ends up saying that the configuration is invalid. I'd like to see what others have as the measurements listed in the Stall Warning / Caution / Min Visible menu options.

At this point, I just don't know if the readings I'm seeing are in line with what they should be.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarsey View Post
Could someone post a photo of their AOA calibration menu screen (MENU > Setup > AOA Calibration.

I've been trying to get my AOA set up for awhile and it always ends up saying that the configuration is invalid. I'd like to see what others have as the measurements listed in the Stall Warning / Caution / Min Visible menu options.

At this point, I just don't know if the readings I'm seeing are in line with what they should be.
Did you follow the G3X IM guide on performing them in correct order during calibration?

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
RV7A built 2004, 2000+ hrs, New Titan IO-370, Bendix Mags
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154
Old 08-26-2021, 04:52 PM

Default AOA Calibration

Quote:

Hey Rob,

If you are able to, send us a screenshot of the values you are generating at the G3Xpert@Garmin.com email address. We will be able to help sort through the problem.

Thanks,

Justin
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I just set up AOA this week. Unfortunately I didn't take screenshots while doing it but I can tell you that using autopilot, specifically the IAS, made it very easy. I had a safety pilot that was monitoring for traffic as I worked on the setup. Here are the steps I used:

1. Before flight I went into configuration mode and turned off ESP.
2. Climbed to 3,000 feet AGL then turned on autopilot and used indicated airspeed slowly dialing in the speeds for each of the three settings.
3. First setting was minimum visible AOA (the bottom green line). It was recommended to be 1.5x stall speed. Clean stall being 45kt I dialed up 67kts on the autopilot IAS and let it settle in to a smooth constant speed then pressed calibrate, then start, then done.
4. Next is caution alert AOA (the first yellow chevron). It is recommended to be 1.1x stall speed. I dialed in 50kts on the autopilot AOA and let it settle in to a smooth constant speed the pressed calibrate, then start, then done.
5. Last to set is the stall warning AOA (the uppermost red chevron). I dialed the autopilot IAS one knot at a time pushing the plane into a stall and just before the break of the stall I pressed calibrate, then start, then done.

If you have the G3X/G3X Touch Installation Manual (190-01115-01_an) instructions, with screenshots, begin on page 703 (35.4.9) and go through page 715.

Jay
Donated