- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 01-28-2022, 09:09 AM

Default -7 Status Update - Wiring Diagram

I've been working on my build for 6 years, and I've had my wiring diagram made for some time now. I've finally begun assembling my harnesses and measuring wire runs. It's been a blast. For me, the big thing was hitting a dry spell where I was burned out on building airframe parts, but what has brought me back is all the avionics work and planning and integration. So far, its been my favorite part!

Feel free to scrutinize my wiring diagram, or check out my build site.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV4...ew?usp=sharing
RV-7 #74493
Finished Empennage
Finished Wings!
Working on Fuse
Working on Finishing Kit
Working on FWF

Donated Jan 2022
N890GF (reserved)
www.n890gf.com
http://www.instagram.com/gfahmy10

Last edited by N890GF : 01-28-2022 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:03 PM

I have to agree. Planning the electrical and wiring, measuring and installing the harness wire by wire, making each connector and shield ground, and then turning it on and watching everything light up the first time, was one of the most rewarding parts of this project. Working on the electronics was always a nice break from "flute, cleco, drill, deburr, dimple, scuff, prime, cleco, rivet, repeat." Hard to believe I ran (and labeled) 400 circuits through this thing. N12VD schematic
Donated 12/31/2021
RV-7A (N12VD): Finishing final tasks for airworthiness
Old 01-28-2022, 06:10 PM

Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draker View Post
I have to agree. Planning the electrical and wiring, measuring and installing the harness wire by wire, making each connector and shield ground, and then turning it on and watching everything light up the first time, was one of the most rewarding parts of this project. Working on the electronics was always a nice break from "flute, cleco, drill, deburr, dimple, scuff, prime, cleco, rivet, repeat." Hard to believe I ran (and labeled) 400 circuits through this thing. N12VD schematic
I have to agree!! Next to first engine start, wiring was by far the most rewarding!! Especially when none of the factory smoke was lost!! I hear that stuff has about a six month lead time. . Side note. I did not do my schematic. A good buddy of mine did. Saved me months of planning.
Operating from KPLU